The third Saturday in March is National Quilting Day. It’s an opportunity to celebrate the tradition of quilting, its significance, and the ways it connects people. The Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society’s 1989 Quilter’s Day Out was the inspiration for this annual event, which the National Quilting Association approved as a national event in 1991.
You can participate by hanging a quilt outside your house and sharing a photo with the tag #nationalquiltingday.
Here are 5 more ways to celebrate:
- Download a free quilt pattern. Click here and scroll down the page.
- Contribute a quilt to a special cause such as Happy Birth Day, Baby!
- Share your skill by teaching a class or mentoring a new quilter.
- Start a new quilting project. The holidays are only nine months away.
- Patronize your local quilt shop.